• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL is scheduled to meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will serve a Thanksgiving Feast today (Wednesday), 11 a.m. through 12:30 p.m. Turkey Trot Bingo will follow at 12:30 p.m. The winner of a quilt drawing will be announced at noon. Donations of cans and dry goods for the Fayette Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry will be accepted.
• THE FAYETTE SCHOOL BOARD will meet today at 6 p.m., in the media center.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN SCHOOL BOARD will meet today at 7 p.m. in the media center.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DAR will meet Thursday, 1:30 p.m. at the home of Cecile Young on Route J.
• LTS will be held on Thursday, 7 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church gathering room. Paula Ritchie and Jean Carlson are hostesses. Julie Walker will present the program. RSVP to Julie by Friday, Nov. 14 because of the type of program.
• “A NIGHT AT THE FREDDIES” will be performed Saturday, 7 p.m. at the Fayette High School Gym. Advance tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for children. Tickets at the door are $6 for adults, $4 for children.
• A SIX-WEEK GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP will first meet on Monday, Nov. 24, 9 a.m. at the conference room of Hometown Homecare, 101 Furr St., Fayette. Any one who has lost a loved one by death is invited to attend.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday, Nov. 25, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• BREAKFAST AND MOVIE WITH SANTA will be hosted at Central Methodist University on Dec. 6, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in Stedman 200. Photographer will be present. Free-will donations encouraged. All proceeds go toward the Christmas Holiday House.
• HELP WITH ENROLLMENT IN THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring a double show from now through Nov. 20. In the main gallery will be “Feathered Friends: Six Decades of Watercolor Painting of Birds” by David Plank. The rest of the gallery features a memorial exhibition honoring the late Mel Meyer. The exhibition is open to the public at no charge every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.