• “AS YOU LIKE IT” will be presented at 7:30 p.m. Saturday and at 1:30 p.m. on Sunday in CMU’s Little Theatre in Fayette.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT WOMEN will meet at Schnell Hall for a carry-in lunch and meeting at noon, on Monday, May 2. All Democrats are invited to attend. A representative from Jason Kander for U.S. Senate will be the speaker.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet Monday, May 2, at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church, at 7:15. Please send regrets to Claudia or Karen.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• HOWARD COUNTY FARM BUREAU is hosting a food drive. Non-perishable food donations will be accepted during the month of April at 144 Highway 240, in front of Derailed Commodity in Fayette, the office of Missouri Farm Bureau Insurance Agent, Tony Williams.
• A SPAGHETTI DINNER/SILENT AUCTION FOR BAILEY CHEW #BlueForBailey will be held at 5 p.m. Saturday, May 14 at St. Joseph Catholic Hall in Fayette. The benefit is to help with medical bills. Adults: $8.00; Student (K-12): $4.00; Kids 4 years and under eat FREE. If you are interested in donating please contact Becky Bonuchi at 660-651-7270 , Shelley Vogt at 660-537-5049 or Natalie Littleton at 660-728-9965.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting works of Chris and Sara Fletcher. Other artists include Thomas Hart Benton, Salvador Dali and George Caleb Bingham. Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through May 26.
• INFANT AND TODDLER STORY HOUR is hosted on Fridays, 11 a.m. at the Howard County Public Library. The stories are geared toward infants and toddlers, but all story lovers are welcome.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., from now through April 28. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL is holding regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open every Monday from 3 to 4:30 p.m. and every Wednesday from 9 to 10:30 a.m. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. The Play Center is always closed when school is not in session. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-728-3686. Car seat inspections are provided free of charge by appointment. Call Nancy Holtwick.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: at firstname.lastname@example.org.