• THE HOWARD COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY CENTENNIAL CELEBRATION will be held Wednesday at 3 p.m. on the library steps. Following the ceremony, everyone is invited to come into the library for library-shaped cookies and punch.
• THE FAYETTE AREA COMMUNITY THEATRE will host auditions Wednesday, 3 to 6 p.m. in the Daly Elementary Music Room (use Spring Street parking lot) for FACT’s summer production of “Alice in Wonderland, Jr.” scheduled for June 5, 6, 7. Auditioners should prepare a one-minute contemporary musical theater song (a musical from 2000 or newer). Please provide an accompaniment track (YouTube link acceptable).
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICE COUNCIL will meet on Thursday, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Kate Rollins of the 2-1-1 program of the United Way will speak. Any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn about area resources.
• A SIX-WEEK GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP will begin to meet on Thursday, 2 p.m. in the conference room at Hometown Homecare, 101 Furr St., Fayette. All community members who have lost a loved one by death are welcome to attend.
• ST. PAUL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH will host an Easter Egg Hunt on Saturday, 1 p.m. All ages up through 12 welcome.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT WOMEN will meet Monday, April 6, at noon, at Schnell Hall, for a carry-in lunch and meeting. All Democrats are invited to attend.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet on Monday, April 6, at 7:15 p.m. in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Regrets to Beverly Markland.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet Tuesday, April 7, 1:30 p.m. at Schnell Hall. All retired school personnel in Howard County are welcome to attend.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN LIONS CLUB will clean up Highway 5, from New Franklin to Estill, on Tuesday, April 7, 5 p.m. Volunteers will meet at Ron’s Garage. Everyone welcome to join and help.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, April 7, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• IN CELEBRATION OF NELLIE FARMER’S 106th BIRTHDAY a card shower is being held in her honor. Please mail cards by April 8 to Nellie Farmer, c/o Fayette Caring Center, 501 S. Park Ave., Fayette, Mo. 65248 Please stop by to visit her any time.
• SCREENINGS FOR KINDERGARTNERS will be conducted April 9 and 10 for children who will be 5 years old by Aug. 1, 2015 in the Fayette R-III School District. To make an appointment for a screening, call Lisa Gebhardt at 248-3800.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through April 30. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “Art Lives! Pat A. Stapleton (1933-2013) and Robert F. Bussabarger (1922-2013).” Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through April 30.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday and third Friday. The Center is closed whenever school is not in session. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.