• THE 19th ANNUAL FAYETTE FALL CAR SHOW will take place Saturday from 9 a.m. to noon at the south side of the courthouse square. Entry forms may be obtained by mailing to: Car Show, Larry Carter, 122 County Road 206-A, Fayette, Mo. 65248. For more information, call Larry at 248-3913 evenings or leave a message.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY AMBULANCE DISTRICT is celebrating 40 years of uninterrupted emergency medical service to the residents of Howard County and the extended community. Staff of the Ambulance District invites the public to an open house Saturday, 10 to 11 a.m. at the Ambulance Base at 100 S. Williams St. in Fayette.
• AN ARCHAEOLOGY PROGRAM will be presented Saturday on the south side of the courthouse lawn from 10 a.m. to noon. It is free and open to the public of all ages.
• MIKE’S DREAM SCHOLARSHIP ANNUAL SCHOLARSHIP FUNDRAISER will take place Saturday, 4 p.m. at Hawgs & Heifers, 450 Highway 240. All-you-can-eat dinner, silent auction, 50/50 pool tournament. Proceeds go toward scholarships.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at 307 State Route E, Fayette. Newcomers always welcome.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a fundraising pork steak dinner on Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Menu includes pork steak, vegetables, roll, coffee, tea, and dessert. Board members will provide assorted apple desserts. Adults eat for $8; children, $5. Carry-outs available by calling 248-3733. Also available will be a country store and bake sale.
• SECOND BAPTIST CHURCH will celebrate its Annual Homecoming on Sunday. Dinner will be served at 1:30 p.m. with the program beginning at 3 p.m. The Rev. Alan Johnson, pastor of St. Paul Missionary Baptist Church of Wellsville, Mo. is the featured speaker. Second Baptist Church is located at 309 E. Hackberry St. All are welcome to attend.
• A BLOOD DRIVE will be held Tuesday at the Glasgow High School from 1 to 6 p.m.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICE COUNCIL will meet on Thursday, Oct. 2, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn about area resources.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE RECYCLING SITE will be open on Friday, Oct. 3, by appointment only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 248-5246 to schedule a drop-off of hazardous waste such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, aerosol cans, fluorescent tubes, batteries, antifreeze, transmission fluid and adhesives. Sponsored by the cities of Fayette and New Franklin, Mid-Missouri Solid Waste Management District H and Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
• UNITY BAPTIST CHURCH will show the movie “Frozen,” on Friday, Oct. 3, at dusk in the parking lot. Bring lawn chairs and plan on cool weather. Popcorn and soft drinks will be provided.
• THE BOONESBORO CEMETERY FALL FESTIVAL will take place next Saturday, Oct. 4, at the Boonesboro Church. Serving begins at 5 p.m. to be followed by a live auction. Soup, chili, sandwiches and desserts will be available. Donations are welcomed for the auction. For more information, call Steve at 621-4592; Janie, 848-2729; or Darrell at 728-3802.
• THE FAIRGROUND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION will host a chicken or pulled pork dinner and silent and live auction next Saturday, Oct. 4, at St. Joseph Church Hall. Meal time is 6 to 7 p.m. Adults eat for $10; kids ages 5 to 12, $6; children under 5 eat for free. Auction starts after the meal. Proceeds will go toward a new community building at the fairgrounds.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring a double show from now through Nov. 20. In the main gallery will be “Feathered Friends: Six Decades of Watercolor Painting of Birds” by David Plank. The rest of the gallery features a memorial exhibition honoring the late Mel Meyer. The exhibition is open to the public at no charge every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.