• THE FAYETTE LICENSE BUREAU will be open Saturday and closed Thursday through next Saturday, Nov. 27, 28 and 29 for the Thanksgiving holiday.
• “A NIGHT AT THE FREDDIES” will be performed Saturday, 7 p.m. at the Fayette High School Gym. Advance tickets are $5 for adults, $3 for children. Tickets at the door are $6 for adults, $4 for children.
• A SIX-WEEK GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP will first meet on Monday, 9 a.m. at the conference room of Hometown Homecare, 101 Furr St., Fayette. Any one who has lost a loved one by death is invited to attend.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• THE GLASGOW AMERICAN LEGION & AUXILIARY will host a soup and chili supper and silent auction on Saturday, Nov. 29, 4 to 7 p.m., at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
• BREAKFAST AND MOVIE WITH SANTA will be hosted at Central Methodist University on Dec. 6, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in Stedman 200. Photographer will be present. Free-will donations encouraged. All proceeds go toward the Christmas Holiday House.
• HELP WITH ENROLLMENT IN THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.