• THE FAYETTE R-III SCHOOLS will not have classes Wednesday through Friday in observance of Thanksgiving. Classes will resume Monday, Dec. 2.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN R-I SCHOOLS will dismiss classes at 12:12 p.m. Wednesday and will not be in session through Friday. Classes will resume Monday, Dec. 2.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will not be available Wednesday in Armstrong.
• THE FAYETTE LICENSE BUREAU will be closed Thursday through Monday for Thanksgiving. The office will reopen on Tuesday, Dec. 3.
• THE 2013 FAHA ORNAMENT will be available Saturday, from 9 a.m. to noon, at the Uriel Wright Building (south of Home Oil on Church Street). Featuring Schnell Floral, the ornament costs $18. For more information, call Connie Shay at 248-2011.
• THE CITY OF GLASGOW will host Christmas festivities on Saturday beginning at 4 p.m. Cookie decorating, ornament making, lighting of the city Christmas tree, visits with Santa Clause and other activities will take place in downtown Glasgow. The Boat Parade will begin at 6:30 p.m. For more information, call Beckett’s Restaurant at 660-338-9978, the Riverbend Restaurant at 660-338-2450 or Market Street Floral at 660-338-2300.
• THE GLASGOW AMERICAN LEGION WOMEN’S AUXILIARY will host a chili dinner and silent auction on Saturday from 4 to 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Glasgow. Proceeds from the fundraiser will go toward maintenance of the American Legion Hall, American Legion projects and for veterans. To make a donation toward the silent auction, please call Dee Cramer, Women’s Auxiliary President, at 660-273-9909 or 660-833-3800.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck at Jane Whitesides’ home in Glasgow on Saturday at 6:30 p.m.
• THE CITY OF ARMSTRONG will host a Christmas celebration on Sunday, beginning at 2 p.m. Christmas tree lighting, Santa, marshmallow roasting, pork sandwiches and more will be provided. Everyone welcome.
• THE FAYETTE CITY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION will meet Monday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet Tuesday, Dec. 3, at noon, at Emmet’s Kitchen & Tap. All retired school personnel in Howard County are welcome to attend.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, Dec. 3, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART will hold a Christmas Sale of some of its current holdings during Dec. 3-6 and Dec. 9-12 from 1-4 p.m. in the gallery in Classic Hall on the Fayette Central Methodist University campus. Also on display will be CMU student photography and drawing works.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday, Dec. 4, from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the New Franklin City Hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICES COUNCIL will meet on Thursday, Dec. 5 at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Members will bring snacks to share. Elections for leadership will be conducted. Staff from any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn of other resources in the area.
• THE LTS CLUB will hold its Christmas meeting on Thursday, Dec. 5 at 6:30 p.m. at Breadeaux Pizza. Ann Schnell is the hostess and Jean Carlson will provide the program. Please bring a wrapped $8 or less valued ornament for the exchange. RSVP by Tuesday, Dec. 3, to Ann Schnell.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE RECYCLING SITE will be open on Friday, Dec. 6, by appointment only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 248-5246 to schedule a drop-off of hazardous waste such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, aerosol cans, fluorescent tubes, batteries, antifreeze, transmission fluid and adhesives. Sponsored by the cities of Fayette and New Franklin, Mid-Missouri Solid Waste Management District H and Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
• FAMILIES WHO HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY HOUSE are reminded to come at their appointed times to the First Baptist Church Educational Building on Saturday, Dec. 7.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.