• THE COMEDY PLAY “NOISES OFF” will run at The Little Theatre on the CMU campus Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 for adults and $2 for students.
• NEW FRANKLIN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL will host a 5K Fun Run on Saturday. Registration begins at 9 a.m. at the New Franklin Elementary School Circle Drive. Registration cost $20 for adults, $15 for middle/high school students, $10 for elementary students and free for preschoolers. School-age and older runners need to register by Sept. 25 in order to receive a T-shirt. To register, email Heather Beach at email@example.com or call the New Franklin Elementary School at 660-848-2112. Proceeds will go toward the School Literacy Fund.
• CMU BAND DAY is Saturday. Street competition will begin at 9 a.m. at the Courthouse Square in Fayette.
• THE FAYETTE MINISTERIAL ALLIANCE will host a fish fry on Saturday, 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the First Baptist Church parking lot. There will be a choice of a sandwich for $6 or a dinner for $8. Dinner will consist of a fish sandwich, baked beans and coleslaw.
• BALDRIDGE SCHOOL will host a ham and bean dinner on Saturday, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Baldridge School is located three miles north of the junction of Highway 124 and North A.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY FAIRGROUND DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATION will host a dinner and auction at St. Joseph Church Hall on Saturday. Meal of chicken or pulled pork will be served from 6 to 7 p.m. An auction will follow the meal. Adults at the door pay $12; kids pay $7. Kids under 5 years old eat for free. (Advance tickets are $10 and $6 for adults and kids respectively. Available at Merchants and Farmers Bank or call 248-3337.) Proceeds go toward the maintenance and improvements at the Howard County Fairgrounds. For more information, call Joyce Diehls at 248-3383, Steve Diehls at 248-3647, Mary Diehls at 248-3412 or Mae Schlotzhauer at 848-2410.
• THE FAYETTE AREA FIREMEN’S ANNUAL HOG ROAST will take place on Sunday, 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Fayette Fire Station, 301 W. Morrison. Eat in or carry out. $7 per person. Home delivery within Fayette may be ordered by calling 248-1198. All proceeds go towards fire fighting and life saving equipment. Tours of the fire trucks and equipment will be given
• THE SECOND ANNUAL THROW OFF HUNGER DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT will be held Sunday at the Fayette City Park. Registration begins at 1 p.m. with shotgun start to follow.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN CITY COUNCIL will meet Monday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE ARMSTRONG COMMUNITY BETTERMENT GROUP will meet Tuesday, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Guests are welcome.
• THE WHITE-BELL AMERICAN LEGION POST 273 will hold a Flag Retirement Ceremony for the proper disposal of soiled, worn or torn American flags on Tuesday, 6 p.m. at Shelter House No. 1 in the City Park. Anyone is welcome to bring their old flag. All veterans and their spouses are welcome.
• FLU CLINICS will be held Thursday, Oct. 15, at the Glasgow Senior Center, 10 to 11:30 a.m., and at the Armstrong City Hall, 1 to 2 p.m.
• MESSY PLAY will be held on Thursday, Oct. 15, 6 to 7:30 p.m., at St. Joseph Catholic Church Hall, at 300 S. Cleveland Ave. in Fayette. Sponsored by Parents As Teachers, all families with children under the age of kindergarten are invited. CMU students will be providing a variety of fun and messy activities. For more information please contact Nancy at 660-728-3686 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• PET ADOPTION AND WELFARE SERVICE (PAWS) will meet Thursday, Oct. 15, beginning at 6 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Fayette. St. Mary’s is located west of Home Oil on West Davis Street. Newcomers welcome. For more information call 660-248-2739.
• THE CHESTNUT ROAST will take place next Saturday, Oct. 17, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Agroforestry Research Center in New Franklin.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: at email@example.com.