• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the New Franklin City Hall.
• CMU WILL HOST A BOOK SALE Wednesday from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Thursday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Smiley Memorial Library on the Central Methodist University campus in Fayette. $1 for hardbacks; 50 cents for paperbacks. For more information call 660-248-6309.
• CMU CHURCH STREET BOYS will perform Wednesday, 7:30 p.m. at the New Franklin United Methodist Church. The public is invited.
• ST. PAUL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH will host an Easter egg hunt on Saturday at 1 p.m. The egg hunt is for children up to 12 years of age and all are welcome. For more information, call Pastor Jacob at 248-3340.
• THE SECOND BAPTIST CHURCH will host their 2nd Annual Fellowship Banquet and Talent Show on Saturday, 5:30 p.m. at the Fayette High School. Food, door prizes and a silent auction will be offered at this family-oriented event. Donations will be accepted. Adults: $25. Children 12 and under: $12.50. For tickets, contact Fontella Jackmon-Jones at 573-234-9191 or call Second Baptist Church at 660-248-3308. Email: Secondbaptist309@att.net.
• EASTER is Sunday. A number of churches are hosting special services. See separate article on the front page.
• PEO CHAPTER GG will meet Monday, 7 p.m. at Ashby-Hodge Gallery of American Art in Classic Hall on the CMU campus for a tour of the current exhibit with Dr. Joe Geist. Members RSVP to hostesses Jan Bagby or Terri Rohlfing.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet on Monday, April 21, at 7:15 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Fayette. Taffy Wallace is hostess; regrets to Taffy.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday, April 22, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• THE FAYETTE WATER/SEWER AD HOC COMMITTEE will meet Tuesday, April 22, 3 p.m. at city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT COMMITTEE will meet Tuesday, April 22, 7 p.m. in the home of Liz Brown, 2054 State Route E. Candidates are invited to attend and the meeting is open to the public.
• THE FAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS MEMBERS will sing at the St. Louis Cardinals game on Sunday, June 1. Chorus members are selling tickets for $20 each. A voucher for a free hotdog and soda are included. Contact Vanessa Miner for more info at email@example.com or call 660-248-3800.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring the work of Columbia artist Rodney Burlingame, “The Discerning Eye.” Gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through May 3.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through April 24. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE STEPHENS MUSEUM is open for tours Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1 to 4 p.m., or by appointment. For more information, call Dana Morris at 248-6678. The museum is located on the first floor of T. Berry Smith Hall on the CMU campus.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.