• THE WHITE-BELL AMERICAN LEGION POST 273 AND AUXILIARY is scheduled to meet Tuesday, 6 p.m. in Schnell Hall. All veterans and their spouses are welcome.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the New Franklin City Hall.
• FREE SPORTS PHYSICALS will be offered at the University Physicians Fayette Medical Clinic Wednesday from 4 to 6 p.m. No appointment necessary. Must bring the MSHSAA history form page 1 completed and signed by a parent.
• THE FAYETTE SCHOOL BOARD will meet Wednesday, 6 p.m., in the media center.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN SCHOOL BOARD will meet Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the media center.
• THE FAYETTE CITY TREE BOARD AND PARKS COMMISSION will meet Monday, 6:30 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE FUN FEST will be hosted by Fayette Main Street, Inc. Thursday through Saturday. The event is a fundraiser for downtown Fayette revitalization and will be held on the historic Fayette Courthouse Square.
• HOWARD COUNTY CHAPTER DAR will meet Saturday at 11 a.m. at Roslyn Heights in Boonville. It will be a joint meeting with Hannah Cole and Armstrong Chapters. A carry-in tea will be held for the State Regent’s official visit.
• THE FRIENDS OF CLARK’S CHAPEL will hold a service Sunday at 5 p.m. Persons of all faiths are invited to join in worship.
• THE PEO CHAPTER GG will meet Monday, 6:30 p.m., at Vintage Hill. RSVP to Jill or Morrene.
• THE FAYETTE BOOK CLUB will leave the Howard County Public Library at 11:15 a.m. on Tuesday, May 21. The group will have lunch and tour Global Market in Columbia. RSVP to Bonnie or Norma by Friday, May 17.
• THE FAYETTE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION will meet Monday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HIGBEE CEMETERY ASSOCIATION will meet Tuesday, May 21, 6:30 p.m. in the Higbee Christian Church. Following the meeting, the board of directors will meet.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, May 21, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE-HOWARD LODGE #4 A.F. & A.M. will meet Tuesday, May 21, 7 p.m. in the Fayette Masonic Temple.
• THE FAYETTE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION is calling for nominations for the 2013 Fayette HPC Notable Building Awards. The general requirements are that properties need to be at least 50 years old, located within the city of Fayette and have architectural or historical characteristics. They may be private homes, public or private workplaces or any other “space,” public or private. Please include name of owner, if known, address of property and reason for nomination. Submit nominations by May 16, 4:30 p.m. to Fayette Notable Building Awards, c/o City of Fayette, 117 S. Main St., Fayette, Mo. 65248. Fax: 660-248-3502. Email: email@example.com.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.