• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL is scheduled to meet Tuesday, 7 p.m.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host Octoberfest on Wednesday. Noon buffet begins at 11 a.m. EZ Toons will perform beginning at 12:30 p.m. Polka Bingo at 1:30 p.m. Suggested donation of $3.50 for the buffet is requested. Refreshments for all ages.
• THE MISSOURI DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION will hold a public meeting on Thursday to discuss plans to replace the Route E bridge over Adams Fork Creek and rehabilitate the Route A bridge over Moniteau Creek. The public meeting will be held from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Commercial Trust Company, 119 N. Main St. in Fayette. The meeting facility is accessible to people with disabilities. The public may attend the meeting at any time between 4:30 and 6:30 p.m. to speak with staff from MoDOT and provide input.
• HEALTH AND DEVELOPMENT SCREENINGS will be held on Friday, 10 a.m. through noon, at the Parents as Teachers Play Center in the lower level of the Fayette High School. The screenings for preschoolers include the Lion’s Saving Sight program and hearing screenings by the MU School of Health Professions.
• COOPER LODGE #36 will host a Christmas Fundraiser on Saturday, 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. at 717 Main St. in Boonville. Cooper Lodge #36 will serve its famous chili and other menu items. Adults may eat for $7. Children under 6 years old may eat for free. Carry-outs available. All money goes for Christmas baskets, Harvest Home, Agency on Aging and to the community. For more information, call Roy Cary, 660-882-6440.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck at 950 County Road 105, Fayette, on Saturday at 6:30 p.m. Newcomers welcome.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a Chili Chow Down Fundraiser on Sunday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. All you care to eat for $6. Funds will be used to replace the Center’s garbage disposal.
• FIRST ANNUAL THROW OFF HUNGER DISC GOLF TOURNAMENT will be held Sunday at the Fayette City Park. Registration is at 1 p.m. with shot gun start to follow. Participants will receive T-shirt, water bottle and seasonal homemade refreshments. For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• MESSY PLAY will be held Monday, Oct. 27, 6 to 7:30 p.m. at St. Joseph Church Hall. Preschool-aged children and their parents are invited to participate.
• A FLU VACCINATION CLINIC will be held Tuesday, Oct. 28, from 10 to 11:30 a.m. at Exchange Bank of Missouri in New Franklin.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY 4-H MEMBERS are collecting coats, scarves, gloves, blankets and sleeping bags for distribution at the Glasgow and Fayette food pantries. Gently-used coats should be placed inside large plastic sacks and may be dropped off at the following locations: Fayette: Commercial Trust Co., Merchants & Farmers Bank, Exchange Bank of Missouri, Central Missouri Community Action Center on Furr Street, City of Fayette and C&R Supermarket. New Franklin: Snoddy’s, New Franklin Elementary School. Glasgow: Tri-County Bank, Regional Bank, St. Mary’s School, Charlie’s. The drive will continue through the month of October.
• CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY HOUSE is requesting individuals, churches and organizations to support this project by volunteering or donating. Call Pat Hilgedick, 248-3172; Therese Stevens, 248-3139; or Beverly Markland, 248-2491.
• FAYETTE MUSIC BOOSTERS are requesting acts for the annual Freddies Variety Show on Saturday, Nov. 22. Comedy, storytelling, and skit acts given priority. There are limited spots. Contact Vanessa Miner at email@example.com.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring a double show from now through Nov. 20. In the main gallery will be “Feathered Friends: Six Decades of Watercolor Painting of Birds” by David Plank. The rest of the gallery features a memorial exhibition honoring the late Mel Meyer. The exhibition is open to the public at no charge every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through Nov. 6. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.