• A FIELD REPRESENTATIVE FROM SENATOR CLAIRE McCASKILL’S OFFICE will be at the Fayette Senior Center at 11 a.m. on Thursday. Constituents are invited to come, share opinions, ask questions.
• THE LTS CLUB will meet Thursday. (Note date change.) Dinner will be at Breadeaux at 6 p.m., and the group will attend “A Valentine Toast to Opera and Musicals” at 7:30 p.m. in the Kountz Recital Hall at CMU. Guests are welcome. All members must RSVP to Lynne Alexander.
• “A VALENTINE TOAST TO OPERA AND MUSICALS” will be presented Thursday through Sunday, at the Swinney Conservatory of Music. Thursday through Saturday performances begin at 7:30 p.m. Sunday matinee is 2 p.m. General admission is $7; seniors, CMU staff and faculty, $5; and students with ID, $2. For ticket information, call 660-248-6317.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PUBLIC LIBRARY invites patrons to come anytime during normal library hours on Friday to make Valentine cards. Colored paper, ribbons, beads and other decorations will be supplied.Story time crafts will begin at 11 a.m. but supplies to make Valentine cards will be available all day.
• PEO CHAPTER NN will meet on Friday, 1 p.m., at the Commercial Trust Community Room. Please contact hostesses Cathy Baxter or Gwen Wilder if unable to attend.
• THE FAYETTE LICENSE BUREAU will be open Friday, regular hours. The office will be closed Monday, Feb. 15 in observance of President’s Day.
• A BOOK SIGNING for Chuck Thompson’s “Shovels and C-Rations: Recollections of a Seabee in Vietnam 1968-1969” will be held Saturday, 10 a.m. at the Howard County Public Library.
• PET ADOPTION AND WELFARE SERVICE'S (PAWS) “LOVE IS IN THE AIR” silent auction and benefit concert will take place Saturday, 4 to 6 p.m. at First Christian Church. $5 admission fee with maximum of $20 for families. To donate to the silent auction or for more information, call Bekki Galloway at 660-248-3763.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a soup and sandwich fundraiser on Sunday. Vegetable soup, chili, hot dogs, baked potato, cheese sandwiches, pies, and cakes will be served. Carry-outs available. $7 for all you care to eat. Live music.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, Feb. 16, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring an exhibit on Brazilian history and culture. “Bandits & Heroes, Poets & Saints: Popular Art from the Northeast of Brazil” is open through March 16 in Classic Hall on the Central Methodist University campus in Fayette. Gallery hours are 1:30-4:30 p.m. on Sundays and Tuesdays through Thursdays.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: at email@example.com.