• THE ANNUAL FREDDIES will be held Saturday, 7 p.m. at the Fayette High School Gym.
• THE ANNUAL COMMUNITY THANKSGIVING SERVICE sponsored by the Fayette Ministerial Alliance will be held on Sunday, at 6 p.m. St. Joseph Catholic Church at 300 S. Cleveland Ave. in Fayette will host the observance this year. Light refreshments will be served following the program.
• THE FAYETTE LICENSE OFFICE will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 26 and 27 for Thanksgiving. The office will be open Saturday, Nov. 28 from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• A SENIOR CITIZEN DANCE will be held on Friday, Nov. 27, 7 to 10 p.m. at the New Franklin Community Building in the New Franklin City Park. Music will be by the “Melody Makers.” $4 entry fee.
• THE 9th ANNUAL OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS will be held in Glasgow next Saturday, Nov. 28. Activities which begin at 4 p.m. include cookie decorating, ornament making, living nativity, Santa Claus, lighting of Glasgow Christmas tree. The Winter Boat Parade will begin at 6:30 p.m.
• A CHILI DINNER AND SILENT AUCTION will be held next Saturday, Nov. 28, 4 to 7 p.m. at the Knights of Columbus in Glasgow. Sponsored by the American Legion Women’s Auxiliary Post 211 of Glasgow, all proceeds will go toward the post and veterans and their families.
• CHRISTMAS IN ARMSTRONG will be held Sunday, Nov. 29, 2 to 4 p.m. at the Armstrong city hall. Hot dogs, cookies, games and prizes will be provided. Children may visit with Santa and participants may join in caroling.
• FLU VACCINES will be given at the Howard County Health Department on Mondays and Wednesdays at the health department from 8:30 a.m. to noon and 1 to 4:30 p.m. Appointments may be made or walk-ins welcome on a first come, first served basis. Bring Medicare card or Medicare supplemental insurance cards. Cost for the regular flu shot will be $20 for non-Medicare and private pay clients.
• THE SOUTH HOWARD COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY MUSEUM is open by appointment only. To schedule an appointment to visit the museum, call 660-888-0836.
• HELP FOR SIGNING UP FOR HEALTH CARE INSURANCE is available every Friday, from Nov. 6 through Jan. 29, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., at 600 W. Morrison St., Suite #14 (in the Keller Building), Fayette. A Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action can help you find out if you qualify for financial assistance, assist with enrollment, compare health insurance plans, and choose a plan that meets your needs. This service is completely free. For more information or to make an appointment call 573-424-6029 or email GetCovered@ShowMeAction.org. Will also make appointments after hours. Not available on holidays.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “I Dream of Flying” featuring watercolorist Paul Jackson. Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through Nov. 19. For more information or to set up special tours, contact Denise Gebhardt, curator, or Dr. Joe Geist, registrar of the collection, at 660-248-6304 or email@example.com.
• THE FAYETTE AREA COMMUNITY THEATER is looking for someone to direct an upcoming production. If you are interested in directing, please send us a message on Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 660-833-8669.
• INFANT AND TODDLER STORY HOUR is hosted on Fridays, 11 a.m. at the Howard County Public Library. The stories are geared toward infants and toddlers, but all story lovers are welcome.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL is holding regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open every Monday from 3 to 4:30 p.m., every Wednesday from 9 to 10:30 a.m., and on the third Fridays from 9 to 10:30 a.m. when car seat inspections take place. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. The Play Center is always closed when school is not in session. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
• FREE ZUMBA CLASSES are being given on Sundays, 2 p.m. at the First Christian Church Multipurpose Building in Fayette. Sponsored by the Howard County Health and Wellness Council, all ages are welcome to attend. Lessons run through Nov. 22.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: at email@example.com.