• THE MUSIC BOOSTERS CHILI DINNER & CARNIVAL will be held Saturday. Chili dinner will be served from 5 to 7 p.m. The carnival will take place from 6 to 8 p.m. Tickets are $6 for adults, $3 for children when bought prior to the event. At the door, tickets are $1 more.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “Art Lives! Pat A. Stapleton (1933-2013) and Robert F. Bussabarger (1922-2013).” A special reception will be held this Sunday, 1:30-4:30 p.m. Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through April 30.
• A FREE THROW CONTEST will be held Sunday, 5 p.m. at the Fayette High School Gym. Sponsored by the Knights of Columbus, the event gives youth an opportunity to compete against age-peers with a possibility of advancing to district competition.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER at the Fayette High School will be open on Monday from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Parents are invited to bring their young children for this open playtime. Parent Educators Kristin Himmelmann and Nancy Holtwick will be on hand to answer parenting questions and offer developmental screenings. For more information, call Nancy at 660-728-3686.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• FREE HELP WITH SIGNING UP FOR HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.