• THE GLASGOW SENIOR CENTER will have a Medicare representative available Wednesday, 9:30 a.m. to noon to assist with Medicare enrollment, Part D and Medicare Advantage Plans. The Glasgow Senior Center is located at 602 2nd St. in Glasgow.
• A FALL STORY HOUR will be hosted at the Howard County Public Library on Thursday at 6:30 p.m. Storyteller Larry Brown will provide entertainment. Library patrons are encouraged to come in costume, enjoy stories and eat treats.
• THE MONITEAU CREEK WATERSHED TRUSTEES will meet Thursday, 7 p.m. in the office of the NRCS, 745 State Route DD. The meeting is open to the public.
• THE LODGE at 542 State Route DD will receive trick-or-treaters on Halloween evening from 5 until 7 p.m. Children are invited to come by for treats.
• THE FAYETTE CARING CENTER at 501 S. Park Ave. (behind the Fayette Senior Center) will welcome all trick-or-treaters on Halloween from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
• FAYETTE FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH will again sponsor a Fair Trade Sale in the church basement on Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., and Sunday, 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. Fair trade artisans are paid a living wage for the goods they make. Jewelry, coffee, chocolate, hats, gloves, alpaca scarves, purses, wooden puzzle boxes, purses, Christmas ornaments and nativities will be available.
• CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY HOUSE REGISTRATIONS will be held Saturday, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Fayette. Other registrations are Nov. 6 and 8, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. both days.
• THE UNITED CHURCH OF CHRIST OF NEW FRANKLIN will have a Chili, Soup, Sandwich & Home Made Pie supper on Saturday, 5-7 p.m. with a quilt auction at 5:30 p.m.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT WOMEN will meet Monday, Nov. 3, at noon at Schnell Hall for their monthly carry-in lunch followed by a business meeting. All Democrats are invited to attend.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet Monday, Nov. 3, 7:15 p.m. in the Christian Church basement. Hostesses are Pat Hilgedick and Joyce Diehls. The program will be the Annual Auction. Regrets to Pat or Joyce.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet Tuesday, Nov. 4, 1:30 p.m., at Schnell Hall. Hosts will be Gale and Ann Schafer. All retired teachers and public school personnel in the county are invited to attend.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY 4-H MEMBERS are collecting coats, scarves, gloves, blankets and sleeping bags for distribution at the Glasgow and Fayette food pantries. Gently-used coats should be placed inside large plastic sacks and may be dropped off at the following locations: Fayette: Commercial Trust Co., Merchants & Farmers Bank, Exchange Bank of Missouri, Central Missouri Community Action Center on Furr Street, City of Fayette and C&R Supermarket. New Franklin: Snoddy’s, New Franklin Elementary School. Glasgow: Tri-County Bank, Regional Bank, St. Mary’s School, Charlie’s. The drive will continue through the month of October.
• CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY HOUSE is requesting individuals, churches and organizations to support this project by volunteering or donating. Call Pat Hilgedick, 248-3172; Therese Stevens, 248-3139; or Beverly Markland, 248-2491.
• FAYETTE MUSIC BOOSTERS are requesting acts for the annual Freddies Variety Show on Saturday, Nov. 22. Comedy, storytelling, and skit acts given priority. There are limited spots. Contact Vanessa Miner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring a double show from now through Nov. 20. In the main gallery will be “Feathered Friends: Six Decades of Watercolor Painting of Birds” by David Plank. The rest of the gallery features a memorial exhibition honoring the late Mel Meyer. The exhibition is open to the public at no charge every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through Nov. 6. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.