• THE FAYETTE LIONS CLUB will host its Annual Pancake Breakfast on Sunday, 7 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Clark Middle School. Adults: $6. Children under 12 years old: $3.
• A GRIEF SUPPORT GROUP will meet Monday, 6 p.m. in the conference room of Hometown Homecare, 101 Furr St., Fayette. For more information, call Logan Oswald Comegys at 660-248-2100.
• THE FAYETTE CITY TREE BOARD AND PARKS COMMISSION will meet Monday, 6:30 p.m. in city hall.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN CITY COUNCIL will meet Monday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY SOIL AND WATER CONSERVATION DISTRICT invites landowners to come for a complementary lunch on Tuesday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the USDA Service Center, 745 Route DD, south of Fayette. SWCD supervisor elections will be taking place from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Poster contest winners will be recognized at 3:30 p.m.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY REGIONAL WATER COMMISSION will meet Tuesday, at noon at the New Franklin City Hall.
• A BLOOD DRIVE will be held Tuesday, noon to 6 p.m. at the Fayette High School Gym.
• THE WHITE-BELL AMERICAN LEGION POST 273 AND AUXILIARY will meet Tuesday, 6 p.m. in Schnell Hall. All veterans and their spouses are welcome.
• THE BOONESBORO CEMETERY ASSOCIATION will hold its quarterly meeting Tuesday, 6:30 p.m. in the church basement.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT COMMITTEE will meet Thursday, March 13, 7 p.m. in the home of Liz Brown, 2054 Route E, Fayette. Candidates and anyone interested in running for election, as well as any interested citizens, are welcome to attend. For more information, call Committee Chair Mary Jarboe at 273-2281.
• THE GFWC GOLDEN STUDY CLUB will meet Thursday, March 13, 7 p.m. in the Commercial Trust Community Room. The meeting includes a pie auction as well as a program on the Farmers Market. Please send regrets to hostesses Lynne Alexander and Becky Bonuchi.
• THE FAYETTE FIREMEN’S SWEETHEART DANCE will be held next Saturday, March 15, 8 p.m. to midnight at the Fayette Fire Station. $12 for a couple; $6 for a single. No one under 21 allowed.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring the work of Columbia artist Rodney Burlingame, “The Discerning Eye.” Gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through May 3.
• THE STEPHENS MUSEUM is open for tours Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays from 2 to 5 p.m. or by appointment. For more information, call Museum Curator Dana Morris at 248-6678. The museum is located on the first floor of T. Berry Smith Hall on the CMU campus.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open on Wednesdays from 9 to 10:30 a.m.; third Fridays, 9 to 10:30 a.m. (Saturday sessions are not offered at this time.) Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. The Play Center is located in the lower level of the Fayette High School on Highway 5 across from McDonald’s. Turn in to the parking lot and then turn left towards the lower, smaller parking area. Enter through the left-most, yellow door. The PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.