• SANTA FE TRAIL DAYS will take place Saturday. Parade is at 1 p.m.
• STORYTELLING WILL BE HELD AT GREY WILLOWS ART & ANTIQUES Saturday at 1 and 3 p.m. All ages are invited to hear author Alice Anna Reese share folk tales and stories about famous Missourians. Grey Willows is located at 208 S. Main St. in Fayette.
• THE ARMSTRONG FIRE PROTECTION DISTRICT will host a Hog Roast Saturday at the Armstrong Fire Protection District Station. Serving is from 4 to 7 p.m. Adults pay $7; young people ages 5 through 12 pay $4; children ages 4 and under eat for free. Gun drawing. Silent auction. Goodies for kids. All proceeds go toward safety and communication equipment.
• THE FAYETTE MUSIC BOOSTERS will host a Trivia Night today at the Fayette High School Gym. Doors open at 6 p.m.; game begins at 7 p.m. Proceeds will go toward helping the FHS Band go to Washington D.C. Early registration with full payment ($100) will guarantee a table at the front of the room. To register, contact Sarah Linhart at email@example.com or text your name and address to 660-676-8400.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• FAMILIES AFFECTED BY ALZHEIMER’S are invited to a Caregiver Support Group to be held Thursday, Sept. 25, 2 p.m. at the Fayette Caring Center. For more information, call 800-272-3900 or visit alz.org/mid-missouri.
• THE LTS CLUB will meet Thursday, Sept. 25, 7 p.m. at the Commercial Trust Community Room. Rachel Hanson and Terri Rohlfing are hostesses. Anne Robinson will be doing the program. RSVP to either Terri or Rachel by phone or email.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring a double show from now through Nov. 20. In the main gallery will be “Feathered Friends: Six Decades of Watercolor Painting of Birds” by David Plank. The rest of the gallery features a memorial exhibition honoring the late Mel Meyer. The exhibition is open to the public at no charge every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through Nov. 6. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open on Wednesdays from 9 to 10:30 a.m. and on third Fridays, 9 to 10:30 a.m. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. The Play Center is located in the lower level of the Fayette High School on Highway 5 across from McDonald’s. Turn in to the parking lot and then turn left towards the lower, smaller parking area. Enter through the left-most, yellow door. The PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.