• ST. PAUL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH will host an Easter egg hunt Saturday at 1 p.m. The egg hunt is for children up to 12 years of age and all are welcome. For more information, call Pastor Jacob at 248-3340.
• THE SECOND BAPTIST CHURCH will host their 2nd Annual Fellowship Banquet and Talent Show today, 5:30 p.m. at the Fayette High School. Food, door prizes and a silent auction will be offered at this family-oriented event. Donations will be accepted. Adults: $25. Children 12 and under: $12.50. For tickets, contact Fontella Jackmon-Jones at 573-234-9191 or call Second Baptist Church at 660-248-3308. Email: Secondbaptist309@att.net.
• EASTER is Sunday. A number of churches are hosting special services. A list of events is published in a separate article on this page.
• HIGBEE SCHOOLS will conduct kindergarten screenings on Monday and Tuesday for children who will be 5 years old by Aug. 1, 2014. Call 660-456-7506 to schedule an appointment.
• HIGBEE SCHOOLS is enrolling for the 2014-15 preschool year. Children between the ages of 3½ and 5 years old may apply. For more information, call 660-456-7440 or pick up an application at 208 Randolph St. in Higbee.
• PEO CHAPTER GG will meet Monday, 7 p.m. at Ashby-Hodge Gallery of American Art in Classic Hall on the CMU campus for a tour of the current exhibit with Dr. Joe Geist. Members RSVP to hostesses Jan Bagby or Terri Rohlfing.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet on Monday at 7:15 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Fayette. Taffy Wallace is hostess; regrets to Taffy.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• THE MMM CLUB will meet on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at Schnell Hall. Each member is to bring a small antique item.
• THE FAYETTE WATER/SEWER AD HOC COMMITTEE will meet Tuesday, 3 p.m. at city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT COMMITTEE will meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in the home of Liz Brown, 2054 State Route E. Candidates are invited to attend and the meeting is open to the public.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• HOMETOWN HOMECARE will host “Supporting Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Through Life-Ending Illness, Grief and Loss” on Thursday, April 24, 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Hometown Homecare Conference Room, 101 Furr St., Fayette. Breakfast will be provided. For more information or to register, call Shannon or Logan at 660-248-2100 or email@example.com.
• FAMILIES AFFECTED BY ALZHEIMER’S are invited to a Caregiver Support Group to be held Thursday, April 24, 2 p.m. at the Fayette Caring Center. For more information, call 800-272-3900 or visit alz.org/mid-missouri.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY BIG BEARDS CHAPTER will host their 15th Annual Banquet and Auction next Saturday, April 26, at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Glasgow at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to order tickets, call Gene Smith at 660-537-4667.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a chicken dinner fundraiser on Sunday, April 27, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Adults: $8. Children: $4. Bake sale available.
• THE FAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS MEMBERS will sing at the St. Louis Cardinals game on Sunday, June 1. Chorus members are selling tickets for $20 each. A voucher for a free hotdog and soda are included. Contact Vanessa Miner for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 660-248-3800.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through April 24. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.