• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• HOMETOWN HOMECARE will host “Supporting Individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities Through Life-Ending Illness, Grief and Loss” on Thursday, 9 to 11:30 a.m. at the Hometown Homecare Conference Room, 101 Furr St., Fayette. Breakfast will be provided. For more information or to register, call Shannon or Logan at 660-248-2100 or email@example.com.
• FAMILIES AFFECTED BY ALZHEIMER’S are invited to a Caregiver Support Group to be held Thursday, 2 p.m. at the Fayette Caring Center. For more information, call 800-272-3900 or visit alz.org/mid-missouri.
• THE LTS CLUB will meet Thursday, 7 p.m. at 110 N. Church St. (former Pizza Hut location). Janice Neal and Liz Brown are co-hostesses. Terri Rohlfing will present the program and advises members to wear comfortable clothing. Please RSVP regrets only by email to Janice or Liz.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open the last day of its spring session on Thursday, from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY BIG BEARDS CHAPTER will host their 15th Annual Banquet and Auction on Saturday at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Glasgow at 5:30 p.m. For more information or to order tickets, call Gene Smith at 660-537-4667.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck on Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at 910 Highway 240. Newcomers always welcome.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a chicken dinner fundraiser on Sunday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Adults: $8. Children: $4. Bake sale available.
• THE FAYETTE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION will meet Monday, April 28, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS MEMBERS will sing at the St. Louis Cardinals game on Sunday, June 1. Chorus members are selling tickets for $20 each. A voucher for a free hotdog and soda are included. Contact Vanessa Miner for more info at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 660-248-3800.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring the work of Columbia artist Rodney Burlingame, “The Discerning Eye.” Gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through May 3.
• THE STEPHENS MUSEUM is open for tours Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1 to 4 p.m., or by appointment. For more information, call Dana Morris at 248-6678. The museum is located on the first floor of T. Berry Smith Hall on the CMU campus.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.