• THE FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH is hosting Vacation Bible School Wednesday through Friday, 6 to 8:15 p.m.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• THE ROANOKE BAND CONCERT AND ICE CREAM SOCIAL will take place Saturday. Cake and ice cream will be served beginning at 6 p.m. The concert will begin at 7 p.m. The Roanoke Bandstand is located at Highways 3 and 129, near the Howard and Randolph County line. Attendees are asked to bring lawn chairs.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck on Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at 950 County Road 105, north of Fayette. Newcomers always welcome.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a breakfast fundraiser on Sunday, 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. All you can eat. Biscuits and gravy, sausage, eggs, hashbrowns, fruit bowl, beverages. Adults: $7. Children $3.
• THE RICHLAND CHRISTIAN CHURCH ANNUAL ICE CREAM SOCIAL will take place on Sunday. Country ham sandwiches, homemade cakes and ice cream will be served beginning at 5:30 p.m. Candidates are invited to speak. Richland Christian Church is located on Highway 87, south of Glasgow.
• UNITY BAPTIST CHURCH will host “Kids JAM in the Park,” their version of Vacation Bible School, at the City Park on July 28-30. Registration will begin each evening at 6:30 p.m., with the nights’ events (large group, small groups, crafts, snacks and games) lasting from 7 to 8:15 p.m. Children ages 4-12 are welcome. Childcare for younger children is offered each evening at the church during the events at the park. Everything is free.
• THE FAYETTE HISTORIC PRESERVATION COMMISSION will meet Monday, July 28, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE WATER/SEWER AD HOC COMMITTEE will meet Tuesday, July 29, 3 p.m. at city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE RECYCLING SITE will be open on Friday, Aug. 1, by appointment only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 248-5246 to schedule a drop-off of hazardous waste such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, aerosol cans, fluorescent tubes, batteries, antifreeze, transmission fluid and adhesives. Sponsored by the cities of Fayette and New Franklin, Mid-Missouri Solid Waste Management District H and Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 4 to 7 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is featuring “Courthouses of Missouri: A Photographic Study by Jerry Benner.” Gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will be on display through July 24.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on the following dates: July 30; August 13, 15, 27. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
• SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES AT LINN MEMORIAL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH will be held in the Recital hall in the north wing of the CMU Swinney Conservatory of Music at 9:30 a.m. Child care will be provided as usual in the nursery rooms of the Parish House adjacent to the Linn sanctuary. The move is temporary to accommodate sanctuary renovations.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.