• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT WOMEN will meet on Monday at noon at Schnell Hall, for a carry-in luncheon. The meeting will include a program given by Nancy Copenhaver, former State Representative from Moberly. All Democrats are invited to attend.
• P.E.O. CHAPTER AU will meet on Monday at 7:15 p.m. at Maggie Elliott’s home. Please send regrets to Maggie.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet with the Cooper County Unit on Tuesday at noon at Schnell Hall in Fayette.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICE COUNCIL will meet on Thursday, May 7, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn about area resources. Michelle Reynolds, RN of Maternal and Child Health who will be discussing the health concern of obesity.
• POPPY DAY IN NEW FRANKLIN will be next Saturday, May 9. Members of the Auxiliary of the American Legion Post #273 will distribute paper poppies.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.