• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• FAMILIES AFFECTED BY ALZHEIMER’S are invited to a Caregiver Support Group to be held Thursday, 2 p.m. at the Fayette Caring Center. For more information, call 800-272-3900 or visit alz.org/mid-missouri.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART will feature a double show from Aug. 31 through Nov. 20. In the main gallery will be “Feathered Friends: Six Decades of Watercolor Painting of Birds” by David Plank. The rest of the gallery will feature a memorial exhibition honoring the late Mel Meyer. A reception honoring artist David Plank will be held on the opening Sunday, Aug. 31. The exhibition is open to the public at no charge every Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus.
• LABOR DAY is Monday, Sept. 1.
• THE 12th ANNUAL BOONSLICK FOLK FESTIVAL will take place on Monday, Sept. 1, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Boone’s Lick State Historic Site near Boonesboro along Highway 187.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS ASSOCIATION will meet on Tuesday, Sept. 2, at noon at Schnell Hall. Retired teachers in Howard County are encouraged to join with the Howard County Unit of MRTA. For more information, contact Lou Thompson at 248-2647 or Kurt Rohr at 248-2060 or Sherry Arni at 338-2403.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, Sept. 2, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE SOUTH HOWARD COUNTY HISTORICAL SOCIETY will host their quarterly meeting on Tuesday, Sept. 2, 7 p.m. at the SHCHS Museum, 210 E. Broadway in New Franklin. Newcomers welcome.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.