• THE HOWARD COUNTY CATTLEMEN’S ANNUAL BANQUET will be held Saturday, 6:30 p.m. in the Fayette High School Commons. Doors open at 6 p.m. Catering by Paula Volkmann. $10 Cattlemen’s membership dues include dinner. Sponsored by Jones Brothers Livestock and Pilot Grove Coop/Kent Feeds. Everyone is welcome to attend.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck today, 6:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Fayette. Newcomers always welcome.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet on Monday, at 7:15 p.m. at the Glasgow United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall with Nettie Cherrington serving as hostess. Susan Donnelly will present the program. Regrets to Nettie.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet on Tuesday at 1:30 p.m. at Schnell Hall in Fayette. All area retired teachers and school personnel are invited to attend.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month beginning Feb. 4. The librarian will be at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays beginning Feb. 11.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICE COUNCIL will meet on Thursday, Feb. 5, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn about area resources.
• THE SWEETHEART DANCE hosted by Fayette Firefighters will be held next Saturday, Feb. 7, at the Fayette Fire Station, 8 p.m. to midnight
• THE FAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS will make available “Singing Valentines” on Feb. 11, 12 and 13. For $10, a quartet will sing a song and give a cake pop to someone special within the city limits of Fayette. To order a “Singing Valentine,” call Vanessa Miner at 660-248-3800, ext. 1133 or order online at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds will go to the Chorus Fox Theatre Trip.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “Art Lives! Pat A. Stapleton (1933-2013) and Robert F. Bussabarger (1922-2013).” Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through April 30.
• FREE HELP WITH SIGNING UP FOR HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday and third Friday. The Center is closed whenever school is not in session. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.