• THE FAYETTE LICENSE BUREAU will be closed Thursday through Saturday for the Thanksgiving holiday.
• THE GLASGOW AMERICAN LEGION & AUXILIARY will host a soup and chili supper and silent auction on Saturday, 4 to 7 p.m., at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck on Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at 106 Spring St. in Fayette. Newcomers welcome.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, Dec. 2, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICE COUNCIL will meet for a carry-in luncheon on Thursday, Dec. 4, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn about area resources. s
• THE ANNUAL TEDDY BEAR CHRISTMAS STORY PARTY will be hosted by the Howard County Library in Fayette on Thursday, Dec. 4, 6:30 p.m. For the second year Big Bruno will be present for the story hour and available for Christmas pictures. There will be stories and refreshments.
• BREAKFAST AND MOVIE WITH SANTA will be hosted at Central Methodist University on Saturday, Dec. 6, 8:30 to 11:30 a.m. in Stedman 200. Photographer will be present. Free-will donations encouraged. All proceeds go toward the Christmas Holiday House.
• THE FAYETTE ANNUAL CHRISTMAS PARADE AND DOWNTOWN CELEBRATION will take place Saturday, Dec. 6, beginning at noon and ending with the parade at 5 p.m. Sponsored by the Fayette Chamber of Commerce, the theme is “Fayette Family Traditions.” Individuals, families, nonprofits, businesses or other organizations which wish to have an entry in the parade should contact Debbie Miller at firstname.lastname@example.org. After the parade, Santa Claus will greet children in the Courthouse. Businesses, nonprofits and others are encouraged to contact Chamber President Kiersten O’Dell with ideas or plans for the Christmas celebration. Contact Kiersten at email@example.com.
• HELP WITH ENROLLMENT IN THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• FITZGIBBON FAMILY HEALTH in Fayette will conduct a food drive from now through Dec. 12. Food collected will benefit the Fayette Ministerial Alliance Food Pantry. Fitzgibbon Family Health (formerly Family Health Inc.) is located at 600 W. Morrison St. in Fayette. The collection point is in the clinic’s waiting area.
• PET ADOPTION AND WELFARE SERVICE (PAWS) is sponsoring Toys For Tots in Howard County. A collection box will be present at the courthouse on Dec. 6, 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. More collection sites will be announced at a late time. All toys collected will remain in the local area.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.