• THE FAYETTE VETERINARY CLINIC will be held Wednesday, 6 to 7:30 p.m., in the Fayette city hall garage (on the south side of city hall). Anyone—whether resident of Fayette or not—may bring their pet for rabies and other vaccinations. Pet tags will also be made available for Fayette residents. (The next rabies clinic will be held in Armstrong, July 16, 6 to 7 p.m., at the Armstrong City Park Gym.)
• “EVERY HERO HAS A STORY” SUMMER READING PROGRAM will continue on Thursday, 6:30 p.m., at the Howard County Public Library with “Our Local Heroes.”
• THE HOWARD COUNTY HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE RECYCLING SITE will be open on Friday by appointment only from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. Call 248-5246 to schedule a drop-off of hazardous waste such as pesticides, paint, paint thinner, aerosol cans, fluorescent tubes, batteries, antifreeze, transmission fluid and adhesives. Sponsored by the cities of Fayette and New Franklin, Mid-Missouri Solid Waste Management District H and Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
• HILLSIDE BAPTIST CHURCH will have a garage sale at the church on Saturday, 7 a.m. to noon. Hillside Baptist Church is located at 140 Highway 5 and 240, Fayette.
• THE FAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL CLASS OF 1980 will celebrate their 35th class reunion at the Isle of Capri in Boonville on Saturday. For more information, call Debbie Nation at 660-537-4884.
• VISION AND HEARING SCREENINGS will be offered by Parents As Teachers on Monday, July 13, 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. at the Play Center underneath the Fayette High School. Visions screening will be for children aged 6 months to 6 years. Hearing screenings will be offered to children from birth up. Children will receive a free book and there will be door prizes. Appointments are appreciated, but walk-ins are also welcome. To schedule an appointment, call Nancy at 660-728-3686.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN CITY COUNCIL will meet Monday, July 13, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• A STAFF MEMBER FROM SENATOR ROY BLUNT’S OFFICE will be in Fayette on Tuesday, July 14, from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. at the Howard County Courthouse. Blunt invites constituents to come, ask questions, share opinions. For more information, call the senator’s office at 573-442-8151.
• THE WHITE-BELL AMERICAN LEGION POST 273 AND AUXILIARY will meet Tuesday, July 14, 6 p.m. in Schnell Hall. Participants in Boys and Girls State will give presentations. All veterans and their spouses are welcome.
• THE FAYETTE SCHOOL BOARD will meet next Wednesday, July 15, 6 p.m., in the media center.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN SCHOOL BOARD will meet next Wednesday, July 15, at 7 p.m. in the media center.
• PAWS (PET ADOPTION WELFARE SERVICE) will meet Thursday, July 16, 6 p.m. at the St. Mary’s Episcopal Church on West Davis Street. Newcomers welcome.
• THE FIRST CHRISTIAN CHURCH is hosting Sunday Night Light services on Sundays, from 5:30 to 6 p.m. Communion and brief sermon. First Christian Church is located at 307 N. Church St., Fayette.
• THE FAYETTE AREA COMMUNITY THEATER is looking for someone to direct this summer. A slot is open for late summer. Persons who are interested are asked to send a message on Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 660-833-8690.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “3 Summer Shows,” works by Carol Hatting Bramon (“Missouri Impressions”) and the late James J. Froese (“Kansas Impressions”); plus items from the Ashby-Hodge Gallery (“Small is Big”). The Gallery is open Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 1:30-4:30 p.m.; and other times by appointment. Located in Classic Hall, south end of Central Methodist University campus in Fayette, Mo., there is parking in the lot at Elm and Church Streets. It is handicap accessible. There is no admissions fee. The current show runs through July 23.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• CAR SEAT INSTALLATION AND INSPECTION is available at the Parents As Teachers (PAT) Play Center on the third Friday of each month, 9 to 10:30 a.m. Certified technicians will check and assist with installation of children’s car seats. Free car seats are available to eligible families. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-728-3686.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. on the following dates during the summer: July 8, 15, 17, 22, 29; Aug. 5 and 21. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.