• THE HOWARD COUNTY HUMAN SERVICE COUNCIL will meet on Thursday at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Any agency that provides services in Howard County is welcome to attend to learn about area resources. Michelle Reynolds, RN of Maternal and Child Health who will be discussing the health concern of obesity.
• POPPY DAY IN NEW FRANKLIN will be Saturday. Members of the Auxiliary of the American Legion Post #273 will distribute paper poppies.
• THE FRANKLIN CITY COUNCIL will meet Saturday, 9 a.m. in city hall.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN CITY COUNCIL will meet Monday, May 11, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE FAYETTE ARMSTRONG COMMUNITY BETTERMENT GROUP will meet Tuesday, May 12, at noon in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Guests are welcome.
• THE WHITE-BELL AMERICAN LEGION POST 273 AND AUXILIARY will meet Tuesday, May 12, 6 p.m. in Schnell Hall. All veterans and their spouses are welcome.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday and third Friday. The Center is closed whenever school is not in session. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.