• THE FAYETTE CITY-WIDE GARAGE SALE will take place Saturday. Maps of garage sales were made available at Commercial Trust Co., Casey’s, DJ’s, C&R Supermarket and Fayette Newspapers office.
• FAITH FAMILY CHURCH will host a movie event on Sunday, 6:30 p.m. at Faith Family Church, 710 Highway 240, south of Fayette. The movie title “God’s Not Dead” explores issues of doubt and faith. Rated PG, the movie is free to the public.
• CLASSES BEGIN AT CENTRAL METHODIST UNIVERSITY, NEW FRANKLIN AND HIGBEE SCHOOLS on Monday.
• PEO CHAPTER GG will meet Monday, 7 p.m. at the home of Marty Ferry with Marsha Thompson serving as co-hostess. Members should call or email Marty or Marsha if you plan to attend. The program is “Antique Roadshow” with Susan and Mary.
• CLASSES BEGIN AT FAYETTE, GLASGOW AND ST. MARY’S SCHOOLS on Tuesday.
• CMU’S FAIR ON THE SQUARE will take place Monday, 5:30 to 7 p.m. on the courthouse lawn.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRATIC COMMITTEE will hold its reorganizational meeting on Tuesday, at 7 p.m. at Rosewood Antiques, 207 N. Main St., in Fayette. Each township in the county is allowed one man and one woman to serve on the committee. Some township positions were filled in the primary while others were not. Anyone with questions may call 273-2281. The public is invited to attend.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the New Franklin City Hall.
• THE FAYETTE SCHOOL BOARD will meet Wednesday, 6 p.m., in the media center.
• EBT BENEFITS ARE WORTH DOUBLE THEIR VALUE at the Fayette Farmers Market which is open on Tuesdays, 3:30 to 6:30 p.m., on the southeast corner of the courthouse lawn.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• SUNDAY MORNING SERVICES AT LINN MEMORIAL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH will be held in the Recital hall in the north wing of the CMU Swinney Conservatory of Music at 9:30 a.m. Child care will be provided as usual in the nursery rooms of the Parish House adjacent to the Linn sanctuary. The move is temporary to accommodate sanctuary renovations.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY (FORMERLY MERCHANTS & FARMERS RELAY TEAM) is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.