• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck on Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at St. Mary’s Episcopal Church in Fayette. Newcomers always welcome.
• PEO CHAPTER AU will meet on Monday, Feb. 2, at 7:15 p.m. at the Glasgow United Methodist Church Fellowship Hall with Nettie Cherrington serving as hostess. Susan Donnelly will present the program. Regrets to Nettie.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, Feb. 3, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month beginning Feb. 4. The librarian will be at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays beginning Feb. 11.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet on Tuesday, Feb. 3, at 1:30 p.m. at Schnell Hall in Fayette. All area retired teachers and school personnel are invited to attend.
• THE SWEETHEART DANCE hosted by Fayette Firefighters will be held Saturday, Feb. 7, at the Fayette Fire Station, 8 p.m. to midnight
• THE FAYETTE HIGH SCHOOL CHORUS will make available “Singing Valentines” on Feb. 11, 12 and 13. For $10, a quartet will sing a song and give a cake pop to someone special within the city limits of Fayette. To order a “Singing Valentine,” call Vanessa Miner at 660-248-3800, ext. 1133 or order online at firstname.lastname@example.org. All proceeds will go to the Chorus Fox Theatre Trip.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “Art Lives! Pat A. Stapleton (1933-2013) and Robert F. Bussabarger (1922-2013).” Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through April 30.
• FREE HELP WITH SIGNING UP FOR HEALTH INSURANCE THROUGH THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.