• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL is scheduled to meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• PEO CHAPTER GG is scheduled to meet Tuesday, 7 p.m. at the home of Lisa Schoephoerster. Hostesses are Lisa Schoephoerster, Cheri Huster and Stephanie Moore. Members should bring cookies and RSVP to one of the hostesses.
• THE FAYETTE SCHOOL BOARD will meet Wednesday, 6 p.m., in the media center.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN SCHOOL BOARD will meet Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the media center.
• A BLOOD PRESSURE CHECK AND FOOT CARE CLINIC will be offered on Tuesday, Dec. 23, from 11 a.m. to noon at the Fayette Senior Center. A suggested donation of $6 is requested for toenail trims.
• THE MISSOURI HEALTH INSURANCE MARKETPLACE is available from a Certified Counselor from Central Missouri Community Action at the Howard County Family Resource Center every Thursday, Nov. 20 through Feb. 12 from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. The Howard County Family Resource Center is located in the Keller Building at 600 West Morrison in Fayette. Walk-ins are welcome, appointments are preferred. Call Kevin Wehner at (573) 424-6029. Other questions concerning the Affordable Health Care law may be answered.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday and third Friday. The Center is closed whenever school is not in session. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
• PET ADOPTION AND WELFARE SERVICE (PAWS) is sponsoring Toys For Tots in Howard County. A collection box is in the Commercial Trust Co. lobby. All toys collected will remain in the local area.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.