• THE FAYETTE CITY POOL will open Saturday at noon. Regular hours are Monday through Sunday, noon to 6 p.m. Family pass: $80. Punch pass: $35. Daily entrance fee: $2.50 for adults 18 to 59 years old; $2 for senior adults age 60 and up and children age 3 to 17 years; free for ages 2 and under.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN SWIM PARK will open for the season Saturday from 1 to 8 p.m. Regular hours will be 1 to 8 p.m. seven days a week throughout the summer.
• A MEMORIAL DAY SERVICE will be held Sunday, 2 p.m. on the south side of the courthouse in Fayette. Sponsored annually by the DAR and the American Legion, the Rev. Mike Jackman will be the featured speaker. Veterans of all wars will be recognized.
• THE MOUNT PLEASANT CEMETERY ASSOCIATION will host a Memorial Day Service on Monday, 10 a.m. at the Mount Pleasant Cemetery located one mile north of New Franklin on Highway 5. In case of rain, the service will be canceled.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY REGIONAL WATER COMMISSION will meet Tuesday at noon at the New Franklin City Hall.
• THE MMM CLUB will meet Tuesday at 12:30 p.m. at the home of Carolyn Sweet.
• THE FAYETTE WATER/SEWER AD HOC COMMITTEE will meet Tuesday, 3 p.m. at city hall.
• FACT AUDITIONS FOR “COMPANY” will be held Tuesday, 6 to 9 p.m. at the Assembly Hall on the CMU campus. A 2- to 3-minute vocal selection and a prepared monologue of 1 to 2 minutes is requested.
• THE SENIOR HEALTH FAIR & FITNESS DAY WALK will be held Wednesday, 9:30 to 11:30 a.m. on the courthouse lawn. (In case of rain, the event will be held at Unity Baptist Church at 140 Highway 5 & 240 north of Fayette.) Sponsored by the Howard County Home Health and Hospice, the event will feature information booths about dental care, funeral planning, living wills, retirement financial planning. Services will be available: diabetic foot checks, hand therapy, blood pressure checks, fingernail painting. Healthful refreshments will be available and senior exercise demonstrations.
• THE OPTIMIST CLUB YOUTH FISHING DERBY will be held next Saturday, June 1, at Ricketts Lake. Fishing poles will be available or bring your own. Prizes will be given for largest fish, smallest fish, youngest fisher, etc.
• POPPY DAY will be held in New Franklin next Saturday, June 1. American Legion Auxiliary volunteers will be distributing red crepe paper poppies. All proceeds go to veterans and their families.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.