• L.T.S. CLUB will meet Thursday at 6:30 p.m. at the home of Carol Staten. Please bring an appetizer to share. Lynne Alexander and Courtney Bramon are the co-hostesses. Please RSVP to Lynne or Courtney.
• TIRE, ELECTRONIC AND HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE will be collected on Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the University of Missouri Reactor Field Parking Lot on Providence Road, south of the football stadium in Columbia. For more information, go to www.mmswmd.org.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck on Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at 950 County Road 105, Fayette. Newcomers always welcome.
• THE FAYETTE SENIOR CENTER will host a chicken dinner fundraiser on Sunday, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. $8 for adults; $4 for children. Bake sale also taking place.
• PULLED PORK AND HOT DOGS will be served on Sunday, 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at Home Oil. $7 for pulled pork dinner. $3 for hot dog dinner. Sponsored by the First Christian church Youth Group.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY DEMOCRAT WOMEN will meet Monday, June 1, at noon, at Schnell Hall, for a carry-in lunch. The program will be given by Monta Welch of Columbia. All Democrats are invited to attend.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY UNIT OF MISSOURI RETIRED TEACHERS will meet Tuesday, June 2, at noon in Schnell Hall for a luncheon honoring new retirees. For more information, call Lou Thompson at 248-2647 or Sherry Arnie at 338-2403. All retired teachers and public school personnel in the county are invited to attend.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, June 2, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• WORKSHOP ON ALZHEIMER’S will be held next Wednesday, June 3, 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Hometown Homecare, 101 Furr St., Fayette. Lunch is provided with RSVP. Please RSVP by Monday, June 1, by calling 660-248-2100.
• THE FAYETTE AREA COMMUNITY THEATER is looking for someone to direct this summer. A slot is open for late summer. Persons who are interested are asked to send a message on Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 660-833-8690.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.