• BASKET BINGO will take place Saturday at St. Joseph Church Hall in Fayette. Doors open at 5:30 p.m. Games begin at 6:30 p.m. Proceeds will benefit the Fayette Food Pantry, the Glasgow Food Pantry, the Senior Centers in Howard County, the Christmas Holiday House and the Benevolent Funds in Fayette and Glasgow.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY PROGRESSIVES will host their monthly potluck on Saturday, 6:30 p.m. at 910 Highway 240. Newcomers always welcome.
• COMEDY PLAY “MOON OVER BUFFALO” will be presented Thursday through Sunday, at the Central Methodist University Little Theatre. Thursday through Saturday performances are at 7:30 p.m.; Sunday matinee is at 1:30 p.m. Tickets are $8 for adults, $2 for students.
• THE MORRISON OBSERVATORY will be open Thursdays from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m., through April 30. Visitors will be able to use a variety of telescopes for viewing, weather permitting. The Observatory is located at 700 Park Road in Fayette next to the Fayette City Park. Free and open to the public. Last date for viewing: April 30.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be at the Armstrong Community Center from 2 to 5 p.m. on the first and third Wednesdays of each month and at the New Franklin City Hall from 2 to 5 p.m. on the second and fourth Wednesdays.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is exhibiting “Art Lives! Pat A. Stapleton (1933-2013) and Robert F. Bussabarger (1922-2013).” Regular gallery hours are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays and Sundays from 1:30 to 4:30 p.m. The ADA-accessible gallery is located on the lower level of Classic Hall on the CMU campus. Admission is free. The exhibit will run through April 30.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open from 9 to 10:30 a.m. every Wednesday and third Friday. The Center is closed whenever school is not in session. Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. Located in the lower level of the Fayette High School, the PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents. For more information, contact Nancy Holtwick at 660-248-3686.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.