• THE 2013 FAHA ORNAMENT will be available Saturday, from 9 a.m. to noon, at the Uriel Wright Building (south of Home Oil on Church Street). Featuring Schnell Floral, the ornament costs $18. For more information, call Connie Shay at 248-2011.
• FAMILIES WHO HAVE REGISTERED FOR THE CHRISTMAS HOLIDAY HOUSE are reminded to come Saturday at their appointed times to the First Baptist Church Educational Building.
• CMU’S TOP MUSIC GROUPS will join together in a special musical presentation on Sunday, at 4 p.m. at Thespian Hall in Boonville. Central Methodist University’s Chorale, Conservatory Singers, and Concert Band will perform. The concert is free and open to the public.
• THE FAYETTE ARMSTRONG COMMUNITY BETTERMENT GROUP will meet Monday at noon for a catered lunch in the Commercial Trust Community Room. Pastor Jamie Page will lead a brief Advent Devotional. Afterwards, election of new officers will be held. Guests are welcome. Please RSVP to Jim Steele at email@example.com or call him at 248-1082.
• THE NEW FRANKLIN CITY COUNCIL will meet Monday, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE HOWARD COUNTY REGIONAL WATER COMMISSION will meet Tuesday at noon at the New Franklin City Hall.
• THE ALL YEAR ROUND CLUB will meet Tuesday, 12:30 p.m. at the home of Judy Lay. Please call the hostess if you are unable to attend.
• THE WHITE-BELL AMERICAN LEGION POST 273 AND AUXILIARY will meet Tuesday, 6 p.m. in Schnell Hall. Roy Stevens and his E-Z Toons will entertain. All veterans and their spouses are welcome.
• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• TEDDY BEAR STORY HOUR will be held at the Howard County Public Library on Thursday, Dec. 12, at 6:30 p.m. Stories, treats and Big Bruno.
• THE GFWC GOLDEN STUDY CLUB will meet on Thursday, Dec. 12, 6:30 p.m. for Christmas dinner at The Rolling Pin in Glasgow. To carpool, please meet at the EO Recycles parking lot on north Cleveland Avenue by 6:05 p.m. There will be an ornament exchange after dinner.
• THE FOOD BANK FOR CENTRAL MISSOURI will distribute food for free from the Fayette High School parking lot on Saturday, Dec. 14 from 9 a.m. to noon. Please bring photo identification and bags or boxes to carry your selections. Questions? Call The Food Bank at 573-474-1020.
• THE FAYETTE CHRISTMAS PARADE AND DOWNTOWN CELEBRATION will be held next Saturday, Dec. 14. Sponsored by the Fayette Chamber of Commerce, children’s activities will be held at various businesses from noon to 5 p.m. The parade will begin at 5 p.m.
• NEW FRANKLIN CHRISTMAS PARADE will be held next Saturday, Dec. 14, 1 p.m.
• THE ARMSTRONG COMMUNITY CHOIR will present their 33rd Christmas Cantata, “The Christmas Light” next Saturday, Dec. 14, 7 p.m. at the Armstrong Baptist Church. Free and open to the public. Refreshments will follow.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is holding a Christmas Sale of some of its current holdings during Dec. 3-6 and Dec. 9-12 from 1-4 p.m. in the gallery in Classic Hall on the Fayette Central Methodist University campus. Also on display will be CMU student photography and drawing works.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.