• THE OUTREACH LIBRARIAN will be available Wednesday from 3:30 to 6:30 p.m. at the Armstrong City Hall.
• DIRECT SELLERS will make several quality products available at 202 E. Morrison St. (old newspaper office). Hours of operations are Thursday and Friday, 4 to 8 p.m. Saturday, 9 a.m. until after the parade. Sellers will offer Tastefully Simple, Scentsy, Pampered Chef, Signature Homestyles, Tupperware. Handmade items available as well.
• TEDDY BEAR STORY HOUR will be held at the Howard County Public Library on Thursday, at 6:30 p.m. Stories, treats and Big Bruno.
• THE GFWC GOLDEN STUDY CLUB will meet on Thursday, 6:30 p.m. for Christmas dinner at The Rolling Pin in Glasgow. To carpool, please meet at the EO Recycles parking lot on north Cleveland Avenue by 6:05 p.m. There will be an ornament exchange after dinner.
• THE FOOD BANK FOR CENTRAL MISSOURI will distribute food for free from the Fayette High School parking lot on Saturday, from 9 a.m. to noon. Please bring photo identification and bags or boxes to carry your selections. Questions? Call The Food Bank at 573-474-1020.
• “CHRISTMAS WALK” will be held on Saturday at the Linn Memorial United Methodist Church, 9 a.m. to 2 p.m., in the Fellowship Hall. Cookies, candies, pies, cakes, breads, gifts and crafts will be available. Lunch will be served.
• THE 2013 FAHA ORNAMENT will be available Saturday at the Linn Memorial United Methodist Church “Christmas Walk,” 9 a.m. to noon. Then it will be available at the Uriel Wright Building (south of Home Oil on Church Street) from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m. Featuring Schnell Floral, the ornament costs $18. For more information, call Connie Shay at 248-2011.
• THE FAYETTE CHRISTMAS PARADE AND DOWNTOWN CELEBRATION will be held Saturday. Sponsored by the Fayette Chamber of Commerce, children’s activities will be held at various businesses from noon to 5 p.m. The parade will begin at 5 p.m. Santa Clause will be in the Howard County Courthouse following the parade.
• NEW FRANKLIN CHRISTMAS PARADE will be held Saturday, 1 p.m.
• THE ARMSTRONG COMMUNITY CHOIR will present their 33rd Christmas Cantata, “The Christmas Light” on Saturday, 7 p.m. at the Armstrong Baptist Church. Free and open to the public. Refreshments will follow.
• PEO CHAPTER GG will meet Monday, 7 p.m. at the home of Lisa Schoephoerster. Co-hostesses are Stephanie Moore and Cheri Huster. Please RSVP to one of them. The program is the Cookie Exchange. Bring your cookies to share.
• THE FAYETTE CITY COUNCIL will meet Tuesday, Dec. 17, 7 p.m. in city hall.
• THE ASHBY-HODGE GALLERY OF AMERICAN ART is holding a Christmas Sale of some of its current holdings during Dec. 9-12 from 1-4 p.m. in the gallery in Classic Hall on the Fayette Central Methodist University campus. Also on display will be CMU student photography and drawing works.
• THE MOBERLY AREA ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT COUNCIL will hold regular meetings in Fayette and Glasgow. Fayette MAEDC meetings will be held on fourth Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at Walker Winter Insurance, 122 S. Main St. The Glasgow MAEDC meetings will be held on second Tuesdays, 1:30 to 4 p.m. at the Glasgow Public Works Building, 705 Washington. Business owners and individuals in Howard County are encouraged to arrange appointments with the MAEDC by calling 660-263-8811.
• THE STEPHENS MUSEUM is open for tours Tuesdays, 10 a.m. to noon; Wednesdays and Thursdays, 1 to 4 p.m.; or by appointment. For more information, call Dana Morris, Ph.D., at 248-6678. The museum is located on the first floor of T. Berry Smith Hall on the CMU campus.
• THE PARENTS AS TEACHERS PLAY CENTER will be open on Wednesdays from 9 to 10:30 a.m.; third Fridays, 9 to 10:30 a.m. (Saturday sessions are not offered at this time.) Parents with children ages 0 to 5 are invited to drop in and play with their children anytime during play center hours. The Play Center is located in the lower level of the Fayette High School on Highway 5 across from McDonald’s. Turn in to the parking lot and then turn left towards the lower, smaller parking area. Enter through the left-most, yellow door. The PAT Play Center offers educational toys, a toy library, children’s books, CDs, videos, and resources for parents.
• NARCOTICS ANONYMOUS meets Mondays, 7:30 to 8:30 p.m., at the First Baptist Church Educational Building, 101 W. Davis St. in Fayette.
• THE HELPING HANDS FOR HOWARD COUNTY is taking aluminum cans to help with Basket Bingo expenses. Cans may be dropped off at Merchants & Farmers Bank, Pat Hilgedick’s or David Jordan’s.
* * * * * * * *
Noted in Brief news may be emailed, faxed, brought in person, sent via mail, or dropped after hours in the paper’s front door slot (203 N. Main St.). Mail: P.O. Box 32, Fayette, Mo. 65248. Email: email@example.com.