Gleandell Clayton Sr. 1944-2019

Gleandell Howard Clayton, Sr., 75, of Fayette passed away at his home on December 29, 2019.

He was born on September 13, 1944 in Wesleco, Texas a son of Elmer and Sadie Vance Clayton.

Gleandell married Rhonda “Joni” Foley on February 29, 1996 in Fayette.  Joni survives at their home.

Mr. Clayton was the longtime owner and operator of Mid-MO Auto Salvage in Fayette and was a member of the First Baptist Church in Fayette.

Survivors include his wife, Rhonda “Joni” Clayton; two sons, Gleandell Clayton, Jr. and wife, Kelly and Stacey Clayton; a daughter, Kimberly Powelson and husband, Roger; two brothers, Dean Clayton and Lee Clayton and two sisters, Marie Donaldson and Cindy Zifcak.  Also surviving are three grandchildren, Kayla Strodtman, Nathan Clayton and Nick Marshall and five great-grandchildren, Harper Strodtman, Oliver Strodtman, Ruby Clayton, Violet Clayton and Jackson Marshall.

He was preceded in death by his parents and by two brothers, Wendall Clayton and Jimmy Clayton.

Per Mr. Clayton’s request private family services will be held at Carr-Yager Funeral Home in Fayette with Rev. Harold Young officiating.  Burial will follow at Perche Church Cemetery near Harrisburg.

In lieu of flowers memorials are requested to Hometown Homecare of Fayette.

Condolences may be shared at www.carryager.com.

10 Comments

1. Kristie Watson on December 30, 2019 at 11:54 pm

Sending prayers and condolences!

2. Susan Johnson on December 31, 2019 at 12:46 am

So sorry for your loss.

3. Steven Innes on December 31, 2019 at 8:32 am

So sorry to hear about your loss. I will never forget one time my dad and I went out to the salvage yard for something and made a comment about one of his Mustang R cars sitting outside. He tossed the keys of it to us and said go drive it, but don’t shift it under 4000 rpm. Fun ride. He will be missed.

4. Lee Montgomery on December 31, 2019 at 9:47 am

I’m sorry for your loss. Glendale was a great man. He will be missed

5. Dorothy McMahan on December 31, 2019 at 10:20 am

So sorry for your loss Joni. Love & prayers to you.

6. Bob Mounter on December 31, 2019 at 1:46 pm

My deepest condolences.

Glen was a great man. I will be forever grateful to him for all he did for me when I worked for him.

Great memories of a fun time in my life, working on the cars, pulling parts, driving the wrecker and lots of good people.

He will be missed.

7. Jr Greiner on December 31, 2019 at 4:13 pm

One of the best jobs I ever had! Learned so much from Gleandell about cars and life. How to work hard and have fun at the same time.

8. Sue Rudroff on December 31, 2019 at 6:30 pm

Sorry to hear about his death. He did work for us for years. Joni was our caseworker a long time ago and Cindy works with us now. He will be missed

9. Bob Taylor on January 1, 2020 at 12:54 am

I’ll miss my long time friend.

10. Douglas Tindall on January 2, 2020 at 9:26 am

Comforting prayers to you my friend! He was a great man and did so much for so many and not in a publicized or pronounced manner! May God’s Grace give you comfort, peace and strength not only now but in the coming days. God Bless!